Rachel’s Network is a vibrant community of women at the intersection of environmental advocacy, philanthropy, and women’s leadership. With a mission to promote women as agents of change dedicated to the stewardship of the earth, we meet with cutting-edge thinkers, build productive alliances, and connect with savvy, like-minded women to strengthen our leadership and effectiveness.
- Become a Member: Join us in putting your values into action.
- Meet Our Members: Read about our work and the causes most important to us.
- Learn: See how we connect with cutting-edge thinkers to stay ahead of the curve.
- Lead: Find out how we empower women and amplify their voices.
- Invest in Change: Discover how we advance a sustainable future.
- Our Impact: Learn about how our programs and strategic partnerships influence social, political, and economic systems to advance a healthy, thriving world.
Rachel’s Network is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. We are not a grant-making entity.
Rachel’s Network was named to honor the vision and audacity of Rachel Carson, who challenged the long-held belief that humankind’s needs justified the destruction of the environment. Founded in 2000, when Winsome McIntosh gathered 18 fellow philanthropists around a shared commitment to conservation, our community continues to grow and thrive.
“In naming the organization ‘Rachel’s Network,’ I hoped to set the right tone for the future of our community. More than ten years later, I see our members and advisors perpetuating Carson’s legacy through their work.”
– Winsome McIntosh, Washington, D.C., reflecting on Silent Spring at its 50th anniversary