The Rachel’s Network Catalyst Award celebrates women of color who are building a healthier, safer, and more just world. The application window for 2021 is now closed. Stay tuned in late 2021 for an announcement about the awardees.
Past Catalyst Award Recipients
Each year, the Rachel’s Network Catalyst Award provides women environmental leaders of color with a $10,000 prize; networking opportunities; and public recognition within the environment, philanthropic, and women’s leadership communities. If you’d like to invite one of the Rachel’s Network Catalyst awardees to be a speaker at your event, please complete this form.
Jennifer Nguyen Moore | 2020
Environmental Justice Activist
Catalyst Award Finalists
Who is This Award For?
Women of color from all kinds of professional and advocacy backgrounds are encouraged to apply, but we will be prioritizing women at the midpoint of their career. While the list below is not exclusive, potential awardees might be:
- Writers and poets documenting the beauty of our natural world
- Organizers defending their communities, neighborhoods, and land
- Educators nurturing young advocates
- Farmers creating a just food system
- Documentarians and journalists covering environmental injustice
- Faith leaders communicating the moral imperative for change
- Lawyers working to protect our air, lands, water, and wildlife
- Champions of good nutrition, wellness, and health
- Scientists, researchers, and academics helping us better understand our planet
- Entrepreneurs creating social and economic change